Sunday, April 12, 2015

Good Read but Not Really for Teens - My Review of Summer by Summer

Written by: Heather Burch
Published by: Blink

I am up for reading all kinds of fiction, not just adult fiction, so I chose to read and review this teen book that sounded interesting to me.

Summer by Summer tells the story of a girl who sets off to Belize to work as a nanny for a family. She soon finds herself stuck with the older son in the family, though, a boy she can’t stand. Summer is dealing with grief over something that happened the summer before, and she struggles to face that.


Who the book is for:

This book was written for young adults, but I enjoyed it as an adult and I think that it might be a little mature for teens.

What I liked:

This book was written in a way that I really liked.

The story is very different from other fiction out there. This is the kind of book that could become a classic.

The characters are interesting.

What I didn’t like:

As a young adult book I felt that the relationship between the two teens was a little too intense. I think that the way that the book is written and the details that are included will leave teens longing for a relationship that is too serious for them and should be reserved for when they are older and ready for marriage.

My conclusion:

Overall, I really liked this book but don’t think it is appropriate for most teens.

I give Summer by Summer 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from BookLook. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment