Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Characters are Relatable but Book is Too Boring for Me - My Review of The Love Letters

Written by: Beverly Lewis
Published by: Bethany House

I enjoy reading novels of all kinds and I have known Beverly Lewis to put out some good fiction. Sometimes, though, her books are disappointing. I took a chance by choosing to read and review this book, hoping that it would be something that would be interesting.

The Love Letters tells the story of an Amish woman who is forced to take care of her illegitimate niece when her rebellious sister is injured in an accident. This story also weaves in the tale of a disabled Amish boy and his mother, a Mennonite grandmother, and more.


Who the book is for:

Those who love all kinds of Amish fiction.

What I liked:

The characters are easy to identify with despite their differences from me.

The story is different and interesting at times…

What I didn’t like:

But also boring at times. Too boring to do anything more than skimming at times.

My conclusion:

Overall, I wasn’t really a fan of this book but it will be enjoyed by some.

I give The Love Letters 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment