Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Few Issues Keep It from Being Great - My Review of Bedtime Devotions with Jesus

Published by: Tommy Nelson

I enjoy reading to my nieces and nephews, and I thought it would be fun to have a devotional to share with them. I chose to read BedtimeDevotions with Jesus in the hopes that it would be something that I could give to them.


The story:

This is a book of short devotionals for young children.

The illustrations:

This book does not contain a ton of pictures, but the ones it does have are cute.

How strong is the book?

This is a sturdy hardcover book.

Who the book is for:

This book would be appropriate from age two to about six.

What I liked:

I like the cute cover and images.

Some of the devotionals seem like they would be very good for children, especially the ones confirming God’s love for them.

The devotionals are simple.

There is a ribbon bookmark built into the book which I find nice.

What I didn’t like:

I found it a bit odd the obedience is the main theme of the book. I don’t know why those putting the book together felt the need to have devotional after devotional about obedience instead of just mixing it in with the other topics and having a couple about it.

There is one devotional that is titled “Do Not Be Shy” which I thought was really out of place. Young children should have a healthy fear of those around them, and it is okay to be shy.

My conclusion:

Overall, I didn’t love this book as much as I wanted to.

I give Bedtime Devotions with Jesus 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from BookLook. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment