Friday, July 10, 2015

A Good, but Sad, Read - My Review of Center of Gravity

Written by: Laura McNeill
Published by: Thomas Nelson

I love reading all kinds of fiction, and I was excited to receive the opportunity to read and review Center of Gravity.

This book tells the story of a woman who is fighting her controlling husband for custody of their two boys.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy a book that squeezes the heart.

What I liked:

The story of this book really drew me in. I was reading and reading, trying to get from one part to the next.

The characters in this book are so real, and I like the fact that the book is told from multiple perspectives.

The story is very realistic – sadly.

The book is definitely something that kept me interested. It actually reminded me of the kind of book that you would expect from James Scott Bell.

What I didn’t like:

Some of the language in this book is surprising for a Christian book.

There is a gay couple mentioned in the book, which I found unnecessary.

This book got me down at times – the point, I know, but still a bit hard to deal with.

My conclusion:

Overall, despite everything, I really liked this book.

I give Center of Gravity 5 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Book Look Bloggers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment