Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Not My Kind of Children's Bible - My Review of Just Like Jesus Bible Storybook

Published by: Tyndale Kids
By: Stephen Elkins

I  love reviewing children's books and Bibles, and that is why I was excited to read and review Just Like Jesus Bible Storybook.



The story:

This book shares many examples of different traits that were true for Jesus in his time on Earth.

The illustrations:

Are adorable.

How strong is the book?

This book seems sturdy and has a padded cover.

Who the book is for:

Parts of this book would be appropriate for toddlers and preschoolers, and then parts are too confusing for such young children.

What I liked:

The pictures in this book are really cute - I don't think I've ever seen a cuter John the Baptist than the one in this book.

There are some good lessons and the stories are short enough to keep a kid interested.

What I didn’t like:

I feel like a lot of this book is random, like the message that is given doesn't go with the story.

Parts of this book feel like they are written for adults not kids. For example, this book says that God is not a "genie in a bottle". How many kids would understand that? I know that my nieces and nephews wouldn't.

My conclusion:

Overall, I thought this book was a little weird - a good idea, but not my favorite children's Bible.

I give Just Like Jesus 2 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Tyndale Blog Network. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment