Monday, September 14, 2015

Not What I Was Expecting and Not Recommended - My Review of The Chase

Written by: Kyle and Kelsey Kupecky
Published by: Revell
I always enjoyed reading Karen Kingsbury's books, so I was excited to get a chance to read a book written by her daughter and son-in-law when I was given the opportunity to read and review The Chase.



Who the book is for:

I have to admit that I didn't know who this book was for when I first decided to read it, I thought it was for anyone and everyone and simply about God pursuing an individual. This book is actually for teen girls and young women who plan to get married at some point in their lives.


What I liked:
This is an interesting book that is easy to get through when you are reading it. It includes many stories to keep one's attention.

The look of this book is cute and modern and fun.

What I didn’t like:

There are so many messages in this book that I didn't like and disagreed with, some subtle and some bold. This book is all about how the guy has to lead a relationship, and how a relationship is sure to fail if the girl steps in to make the first move or asks the guy out or leads in any way. This book is all about how every single girl is going to get married and should be praying for that future husband that is out there - not everyone is meant to marry. This book is all about how girls need to let guys be leaders and gentleman, even telling a story that tears down a woman who didn't want a random stranger getting the door for her. This book is old fashioned and weird, not what I was expecting at all.


My conclusion:

Overall, I am not a fan of this book and I could not recommend it to teens.


I give The Chase 2 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Revell. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment