Sunday, October 11, 2015

There are Better Christmas Books for Kids - My Review of Goodnight, Manger

Published by: ZonderKidz
By: Laura Sassi
Illustrated by: Jane Chapman

I enjoy checking out children's books of all types, and I was happy to have a chance to read and review this Christmas one.

Goodnight, Manger tells the story of all of the ruckus that comes about in the stable as Baby Jesus is trying to sleep.



The story:

This book shares - in rhyming text - how Baby Jesus can't sleep because there is too much going on around him.

The illustrations:

The pictures in this book are full of color and cute.

How strong is the book?

This is a hardcover book and seems relatively sturdy.

Who the book is for:

This book is written in a way that would appeal to babies, toddlers, and young children.

What I liked:

I like the rhyming text.

I like the colorful pictures.

What I didn’t like:

I felt like this book was a bit off in regard to its focus. This book says about "the baby" again and again, but I don't feel like it gave Baby Jesus proper respect or attention.

There isn't really a point to this book.

My conclusion:

I wasn't a fan of this book.

I give Goodnight, Manger 2 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookLook Bloggers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment