Saturday, November 14, 2015

A Really Good - Solid - Parenting Book - My Review of Safe House

Published by: WaterBrook Press
Written by: Joshua Straub, PhD
I enjoy checking out parenting books so I know what I can recommend to my siblings and so that I know how to be the best auntie possible. I chose to read and review Safe House for those two reasons, and I'm happy that I did.



Who the book is for:

This book was obviously written for parents, but I feel that it is worth reading for those of us who are involved in the life of a child at all.


What I liked:


Wow, I have a hard time finding parenting books that I actually agree with and like but most of the teaching in this one was solid. I love the face that the author is always looking out for his children in the way that he does things and the choices that he makes.


This book encourages children to love their children and to lead them in a good way.

This book  is non-judgmental.

This book does not encourage punishment but instead teaches children to teach - discipline - their children.

What I didn’t like:


While I don't agree with the author 100% on everything there is nothing that I felt was a serious issue.


My conclusion:


I found this to be a very interesting and helpful book, one of the best parenting books I have ever read.

I give Safe House 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment