Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A Story of Abuse and God's Presence - My Review of Silent Cry

Published by: Zondervan
By: Dorothy J. Newton

There are things that some of us go through that we never want to talk about or share with the world. For most people who have been abused, they don't want to talk about it and let anyone in. This book is written by someone who was willing to open up because she felt God telling her to do that.

Silent Cry tells the story of a woman who grew up in an abusive home and went on to marry someone who became abusive. This book shares an inside look at the life of a wife of an abusive athlete.



Who the book is for:

Anyone who has lived through abuse and anyone who is looking to know what it is like for those who must do that.

What I liked:

This book reads like a novel - or, at least, it did for me. I got through the whole thing in just a few sittings.

The author is very open and honest about what went on in her life.

The story is a powerful one.

I appreciate the fact that there is information and help in the back of the book for those who are being abused, those who know someone who is, and for the abuser.

What I didn’t like:

There is nothing in particular that I didn't like about this book.

My conclusion:

Overall, I think this book is worth the read.

I give Silent Cry 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookLook Bloggers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment