Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Story of Silence, a Little Boy, Murder and More - My Review of Beyond the Silence

Published by: Bethany House
By: Tracie Peterson and Kimberley Woodhouse

Back when I used to read a lot of historical fiction, I was a fan of Tracie Peterson. I thought that I would try out this book when given the chance to read and review it because of that.

Beyond the Silence tells the story of a silent little boy, his grieving father, their housekeeper and their new nanny. This book is a story of murder and of love.



Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy historical fiction and all that it offers.

What I liked:

The characters in this book are interesting and I enjoyed reading about them and getting to know each one of them.

There are parts of this book that are a bit humorous.

There are parts of the book that are touching.

The story is interesting and different.

What I didn’t like:

There are parts of this book that seem too modern to me and unrealistic for the time period.

My conclusion:

Overall, I found this book to be enjoyable.

I give Beyond the Silence 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment