Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Not the Old Berenstain Bears, but Still Decent - My Review of The Berenstain Bears' Easter Sunday

Published by: Zonderkidz
By: Mike Berenstain

I love reading children's books and sharing them with my nieces and nephews, and I was a fan of The Berenstain Bears when I was younger. This book is a bit different from the ones that I read when I was a kid, but I still wanted to read and review it when I was given that chance.

The Berenstain Bears' Easter Sunday is a story of the Bear family and their Easter.



The story:

This book shares the message of Easter, talks about the religious aspects of the holiday and the other aspects such as bunnies and eggs, and is written in a way that tells the story of the Bear family's Easter Sunday.

The illustrations:

The pictures in this book are classic for The Berenstain Bears, they have not changed. Cute and fun.

How strong is the book?

This is a paperback book which seems to be sturdy enough.

Who the book is for:

The back of this book says that it is for ages 4 through 8, but I would say that it's more appropriate for 3 through 5. I could not see an 8 year old reading it.

What I liked:

The message is shared in a way that is interesting and different.

The pictures are great.

The Bear family is always fun to read about.

What I didn’t like:

This book is written in a more boring way than the books that I read when I was young, with the message more straight-forward instead of woven into the story.

My conclusion:

Overall, I thought that this was a decent read.

I give The Berenstain Bears' Easter Sunday 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookLook Bloggers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment