Sunday, February 21, 2016

Colorful and Fun but a Little Scattered - My Review of A Royal Easter Story

Published by: Zonderkidz
By: Jeanna Young and Jacqueline Johnson
Illustrated by: Omar Aranda

My second oldest niece is obsessed with princesses and everything "fancy". I was excited to read and review A Royal Easter Story with her in mind. I hope to add this book to her Easter gift this year, and I am pretty sure that she will love it - for the sparkly cover, if nothing else.




The story:

This book tells about a group of sisters, princesses, who are on their way to an Easter celebration. The girls are racing a group of boys, but they are slowed down when they come across a little girl who has lost her family. The girls take the time to help the little girl rather than worrying about winning the race.

The illustrations:

The pictures in this book are colorful and fun.

How strong is the book?

This is a sturdy hardcover book.

Who the book is for:

The back of this book says that it is for ages 4 through 8, and I think that that is pretty appropriate.

What I liked:

I like the sparkly cover - yes, maybe my niece gets her love of glitter from me. :)

I like the fact that this is a book about a group of sisters - and a big family.

The pictures are fun and the idea behind the story is kind of cute.

What I didn’t like:

The story is a bit scattered and random, and a bit long.

My conclusion:

Overall, I thought that this was an okay read.

I give A Royal Easter Story 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookLook Bloggers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment