Friday, February 12, 2016

Grace for Mothers - My Review of Hope Unfolding

Published by: WaterBrook Press
Written by: Becky Thompson

I like to read parenting books, and I was excited to read one that was written just for mothers. Hope Unfolding was written by a woman who is a blogger and a mother of young children. This book is filled with "grace-filled truth" for all mothers.



Who the book is for:

This book is for any mothers who are looking for something positive and encouraging to read.


What I liked:


This book is filled with real stories, interesting tidbits from the author's life. This made the book fun to read.

The book is a positive one. There are so many books for parents out there, and not every one is positive in this way. I like the way that this book can bring a bit of light into a mother's life and make her feel good about things.

This book reaffirms the love that God has for mothers.

This book doesn't just give mothers grace, it encourages them to give their children the same treatment.

What I didn’t like:


There wasn't much of anything that I didn't like in this book, but I have to say that in the part where the author was talking about mothers being imperfect and that being okay she did nod to the past and the way that mothers laid their babies on their bellies to sleep and all of that - and the way it worked out for them. I found it a bit disturbing that she basically said that it's okay for babies to sleep on their bellies, etc., which I don't agree with. Not a big deal compared to the rest of the book as long as one doesn't overthink things and take this as permission to do things that could be harmful.

My conclusion:


I found this book to be a great option for mothers out there.

I give Hope Unfolding 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment