Thursday, March 3, 2016

Not for Me - My Review of Cold Shot

Published by: Bethany House
By: Dani Pettrey

I enjoy reading all kinds of fiction, but I can be picky when it comes to suspense books. I look for books that have real heart to them, rather than reading books that are focused solely on an ongoing investigation.

Simply put, Cold Shot tells the story of a man and a woman who are pushed together as they are working on the same case.



Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy suspense that is very focused on the details of a particular case.

What I liked:

The first thing that pulled me to this book is the look of the cover. I like the modern print and color.

The characters are kind of like-able.

There could be a good story here, but...

What I didn’t like:

This book was so focused on the case, on the details of the guns involved, etc., that it became much too boring to me. I wish that all of that would have been cut down some.

I couldn't get into the book - probably because of the above.

My conclusion:

Overall, this book was focused too much on the case for me.

I give Cold Shot 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment