Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Not Really for Beginning Readers but Still Fun - My Review of The Princess Twins and the Birthday Party

Published by: Zonderkidz
By: Mona Hodgson
Illustrated by: Julie Olson

I have a tradition of giving my nieces and nephews each a birthday book on their birthday, and I was happy to have the chance to read and review The Princess Twins and the Birthday Party because I knew that my niece would love to receive it for her birthday in June. She loves princesses and will be learning to read soon, so I was excited to get this for her.



The story:

This book tells about a pair of twins and how they celebrate their birthday with friends.

The illustrations:

The pictures in this book are fun in a simple way. They could be cuter, but I think that kids will like them.

How strong is the book?

My copy is a sturdy hardcover.

Who the book is for:

This book is supposed to be for beginning readers, but I'm not sure how young of kids will be able to actually read it on their own.

What I liked:

The story is simple and cute.

The pictures are fun.

The idea behind creating a princess beginning readers book with a message is a good one.

What I didn’t like:

I really don't think that the words in this book are simple enough for beginning readers. The story is simple, but not simple enough for those who are just learning to read.

My conclusion:

Overall, I think that my niece will like this book.


I received this book free to review from BookLook Bloggers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment