Monday, April 18, 2016

A Novel of Family Drama and Forgiveness - My Review of Back in the Saddle

Published by: Multnomah
Written by: Ruth Logan Herne

I was excited to read and review this book, as it sounded interesting and it was written by someone who I had never heard of before.

Back in the Saddle tells a different kind of prodigal story, as a son comes home to help out on his father's ranch. Back home, he has to deal with the past - and with new individuals who come into his life.



Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy reading fiction books that include family drama will like this book.

What I liked:


I enjoyed the interactions between all of the family members, it all felt real and was fun to read.

I like the touching moments in the story, and the funny ones, too.

I like the whole idea of the story.

What I didn’t like:


Some parts of the book were skim-worthy. I found myself skipping over a lot of what I was reading.


My conclusion:


I thought that this book was pretty good.

I give Back in the Saddle 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment