Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Very Eye-Opening - My Review of Your Teenager is Not Crazy

Published by: Baker Books
By: Dr. Jeramy Clark and Jerusha Clark

I am not a parent, but I chose to read and review Your Teenager is Not Crazy because I was curious about it and because I thought that it could be helpful in regard to my fiction writing and the parent/teen relationships there.



Who the book is for:

This is a book that is written for parents of teenagers, but I think that parents of younger children could benefit from reading it now - and again when their children are older - and that any teachers, youth leaders, etc. can benefit from it.

What I liked:

I love the way that this book goes into the way that a brain is developing when a child is in their teens. This book goes deep, much deeper than other books out there, and it shares what is really happening for a teen on a scientific level.

This book is written by two individuals who seem to be very caring. Rather than pick on teenagers and point out the ways that they mess up, this book is made to help parents understand their teens and their actions.

I like the real life stories that are shared in the book.

What I didn’t like:

I don't necessarily agree with every little thing in this book, but there were no big issues that I came across that would cause me to dislike it.

My conclusion:

Overall, I found this book to be a really good parenting guide.

I give Your Teenager is Not Crazy 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Baker Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment