Saturday, September 10, 2016

Cute but Long Story - My Review of Itsy Bitsy Christmas

Published by: Tommy Nelson
By: Max Lucado
Illustrated by: Bruno Merz

There are a lot of Christmas books out there for children, and some of them are great and others are a little less great. I love reading through all of the books and sharing them with my nieces and nephews, so I was happy to have the chance to read and review Itsy Bitsy Christmas.

The illustrations:

The pictures in this book are cute and fun to study.

Who the book is for:

This is a boardbook, but the story is really long. I would say that it is good for families to read together, and kids aged three to five or so would probably enjoy it the most.

What I liked:

I love the sparkle on the cover. I know that my niece will appreciate that "fancy" aspect of the book.

The story is cute, telling of a couple of mice who are searching for the new king and how God loves everyone - even those who are small.

The pictures are fun to study.

What I didn’t like:

The story is a little long and drawn out.

I think that kids might get confused by the focus on animals and the way that the book shares that God came for them.

My conclusion:

Overall, I found this book to be okay, but I like some others better than it.

I give Itsy Bitsy Christmas 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookLook Bloggers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment