Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Not My Favorite Christmas Book - My Review of One Small Donkey

Published by: Tommy Nelson
By: Dandi Daley Mackall
Illustrated by: Marta Alvarez Miguens

I am always eager to check out new children's books in general, and I especially love checking out the various Christmas books that come out. I like to give my nieces and nephews Christmas books for Christmas, so I was happy to have the chance to read and review One Small Donkey.



The illustrations:

The pictures in this book are simple but fun. They are cute and I think that kids will really like them.

Who the book is for:

This is a boardbook, but I think that some of words will be hard for little ones to understand. I think that babies and toddlers might enjoy this book, but they won't necessarily "get" it.

What I liked:

I like the foiled title and the look of the cover, overall.

I like the repetitious text.

I like the Christmas story being told in a different way.

What I didn’t like:

I think that some of the words and way of wording things are a bit unusual for use in a children's book.

My conclusion:

Overall, I think that this is an okay book.

I give One Small Donkey 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookLook Bloggers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment