Friday, October 7, 2016

An Interesting and Enjoyable Read - My Review of Fraying at the Edge

Published by: Waterbrook
Written by: Cindy Woodsmall

I have never been too interested in Amish fiction, but I thought that the story of Fraying at the Edge sounded like something that would be interesting. And I was right.

In this book, two young women have to switch lives as it has been found out that they were switched at birth. One girl must move from living with the Amish to living a life completely different from the one that she has known, and the other must move in with the Amish.



What I liked:


The story in this book is very interesting and different.

The characters are all either likable or fun to read about.

The story has some very touching moments.

I enjoyed reading a more realistic take on the Amish life, one that did not glamorize it as much as some books do.

What I didn’t like:


The whole story is a little bit far-fetched, but I still enjoyed it.

The author seems to find the Amish belief that families should be as large as God wants them to be to be the biggest fault with their faith, and I, on the other hand, find that to be one thing that they believe that is truly good.

My conclusion:


Overall, I found this book enjoyable to read.

I give Fraying at the Edge 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment