Friday, October 21, 2016

Love the Focus on Germany - My Review of Classic German Baking

Published by: Ten Speed Press
Written by: Luisa Weiss

My grandmother came to America from Germany when she was a little girl. She shared a few recipes with our family through the years that may have been German in origin, but not as many as I would have liked to have had the chance to try out and taste. Now that she is gone, I think that it would be interesting to try out some of the recipes that my ancestors enjoyed back in the day.



What I liked:


I love that there is a mix of recipes included in this book.

I like the simple cover design.

I like that this is focused on a single country and the foods eaten there.

What I didn’t like:


I always long for a cookbook to be full of pictures, so I was a little disappointed to find that this one does not have many included in it.

My conclusion:


Overall, I think that this is a fun book to check out and have around, and the recipes will be interesting to create.

I give Classic German Baking 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment