Thursday, October 13, 2016

Not Sure What to Think - My Review of Love Letters from God

Published by: ZonderKidz
Written by: Glenys Nellist
Illustrated by: Rachel Clowes

I enjoy having the chance to read and review various children's books, and I am excited to have the opportunity to share another Christmas one with you. Christmas Love Letters from God is a book that shares Bible stories related to Christmas and that also includes "letters" that are supposed to be from God to the child who is listening to the stories.

Christmas Love Letters from God  -     By: Glenys Nellist, Rachel Clowes

The illustrations:

The pictures in this book remind me of paper dolls. I don't dislike them, but they are not as cute as some books out there.

Who the book is for:

I think that babies and toddlers can listen to this book along with their families and that school-aged kids will enjoy it, too.

What I liked:

I like that this book starts with a story of Isaiah. Most children's Christmas stories do not start that far back.

I like the way that the stories are written very true to the Bible.

I like the "letters" that are supposed to come from God for their positive messages...

What I didn’t like:

...and yet I don't like them because they are written by humans who are trying to think in the way that God thinks and who are trying to write their own version of his word. I am torn in regard to this book because of those letters.

My conclusion:

Overall, I'm not sure what I think of this book.  There is much good here and yet I don't really like the letter idea.

I give Christmas Love Letters from God 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookLook Bloggers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment