Friday, January 13, 2017

Broke My Heart in the Best Way - My Review of Of Stillness and Storm

Published by: Thomas Nelson
By: Michele Phoenix

I wasn't sure what I was going to think about this book or how I was going to like it, and wow. I had no idea that it was going to be all that it was/is.

Of Stillness and Storm tells the story of a woman who has followed her husband where he felt led to go, serving with him far from the comforts of home. This woman sees the way that her son struggles in the far-off land, and she has to deal with a lot of pain.

Of Stillness and Storm  -     By: Michele Phoenix

Who the book is for:

I think that any Christian adult will find that this book touches them and they will be drawn in when reading it. Missionaries and missionary kids will find that this book is especially real to them.

What I liked:

The characters in this book are very real and I really like that about them.

The story is one that draws a person in and breaks the heart.

This is an emotional read. I cried while reading it, and I rarely do that with any book.

This book is very real.

What I didn’t like:

The beginning of the book was a little hard to get into, but stick with it. The book gets better.

Some may be bothered by a bit of language in the book, but I didn't think it was a big deal.

My conclusion:

Overall, I was drawn in and touched by this book.

I give Of Stillness and Storm 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookLook Bloggers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment