Friday, May 19, 2017

An Okay Children's Book - My Review of When God Made You

Written by: Matthew Paul Turner
Illustrated by: David Catrow
Published by: WaterBrook

I enjoy checking out all kinds of children's books - and there are so many out there! I was happy to have the chance to read and review When God Made You.

When God Made You  -     By: Matthew Paul Turner

The story:

This book shares a poem of sorts that talks about how much God cares about the child who is reading the book. It talks about how God planned out that child and their life before they were born.

The illustrations:

I am not a big fan of the illustrations in this book. They are a little "out there" on some of the pages and just not cute.

Who the book is for:

The back of the book says that it is for those aged 3 through 8, but I think that younger children might enjoy it, too. There are also parts - and words - that no one under 8 is going to fully understand.

What I liked:

This book has a very positive message in regard to the child and their life. A message of God's love and his plan for them.

What I didn’t like:

I am not a fan of the illustrations.

I think that the book could have been written a bit simpler for young children to understand it.

My conclusion:

This is an okay book.

I give When God Made You 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging For Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment