Monday, July 24, 2017

A Different Kind of Read - My Review of The Writing Desk

Published by: Zondervan
Written by: Rachel Hauck

For some reason, I entered this book expecting to dislike it. I had read some good books right before it, and I didn't think that the plot sounded too interesting. I ended up getting sucked in.

This book tells the story of a woman who is struggling to write a second book after her debut book was a smash. This book also tells the story of a woman in the past who is trying to work as an author but who has many obstacles in her way. This book includes two loves stories that are very different from one another and yet, similar, too.

The Writing Desk    -     By: Rachel Hauck

Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy romances with more to them will like this. Authors, like myself, will be able to identify with those in the book.

What I liked:

I like that the female characters had the same career choice as I do.

The characters are all likable and fun to read about. I found myself eager to get back to one of the stories and then eager to get back to the next.

I like the history in this book, a look at a different time in a way that I have never read before.

There are parts of this book that are humorous.

What I didn’t like:

I thought parts of the book were a little far-fetched or strange.

My conclusion:

Overall, I thought this was a fun book.

I give The Writing Desk 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookLook Bloggers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment