Saturday, July 1, 2017

Fun to Read - My Review of The Sweet Smell of Magnolias and Memories

Published by: Thomas Nelson
Written by: Celeste Fletcher McHale

I love a good book that you can lose yourself in, and that's what this one was for me. I was happy to have the chance to read and review The Sweet Smell of Magnolias and Memories.

This book tells the story of a man and woman who had their lives forever changed because of a flood that they lived through. They were stranded together during that flood, and this book tells of what comes after.

The Sweet Smell of Magnolias and Memories

Who the book is for:

Anyone who loves a quick moving romance that has more to it than just a love story will enjoy this book.

What I liked:

The chapters in this book are pretty short and easy to get through.

The whole book kept my attention and there were not really any boring parts.

The characters were interesting and likable.

Parts of the book are humorous. Parts of the book are touching.

What I didn’t like:

I found the Christian content of this book kind of... interesting. There is not a lot shared in that regard, and it is hard to know what some of the characters actually believe. I can't say more without spoiling some of the story but I just thought it was worth mentioning.

My conclusion:

Overall, I enjoyed this book.


I received this book free to review from BookLook Bloggers. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment