Thursday, August 3, 2017

Fun for Certain Kids - My Review of Just Sayin'

Published by: Tyndale House Publishers
Written by: Dandi Daley Mackall

I am interested in fiction that sounds good, whether that fiction is written for adults or kids. I chose to read and review Just Sayin' partially because the book was so fun looking and partially because I thought it sounded like an interesting read.

This book tells the story - through a series of letters - of a young girl and a young boy who were almost step-siblings until things got messed up. These kids are really into insults, and they learn the power of words.

Just Sayin'  -     By: Dandi Daley Mackall

Who the book is for:

I assume that this book is supposed to be for 8 to 12 year old kids or something like that, but I don't know... I think that a parent would have to read this book and decide whether or not it is something that they would want their child reading, as there are a lot of insults and teasing in it. Some kids might not get the whole message but might just pick up some of the insults from the book.

What I liked:

This was a fun book to read.

I felt like I really got to know the kids in the book.

This is something that is different from other books out there.

This book has a good message.

The cover of this book is colorful and fun.

What I didn’t like:

I know that the book would not be the same without the insults that are included in it, but I wonder if some of them could have been left out...

My conclusion:

Overall, I really enjoyed this book.

I give Just Sayin' 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Tyndale Blog Network. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment